I've been helping people improve health, fitness, and movement for more than 40 years. I'm always a fan of beneficial at-home resources for exercise and daily life. Let me introduce you to the Curble Chair and give you my honest review from a Pilates teacher and functional movement specialist's perspective for the benefits of using it to help support better seated posture and alleviate back pain.
Let's face it, there are a lot of things you can buy that promise to help, but that don't really do much to improve posture and reduce back pain... However I have to say that after using the Curble chair myself, and incorporating the use of it with some of my Pilates clients, that I'm a big fan of the Curble Chair.
The Curble Chair from ablue Col. Ltd a South Korean company is a well-designed chair that can be used in anywhere you are seated to help improve seated posture and back support for better health. It’s lightweight, durable, portable, and can be used in any chair, car seat, on bleachers, or even when you are seated on the floor.
I purchased my Curble Chair a few months ago… I am always keen on finding useful things to help improve whole-body health. Ideally our muscles need to be working well to support good posture, but when we get busy and are focused on other things (like when we’re working on the computer…) we get distracted and gravity wins, putting our bodies in a slumped position where there is more stress on the hips, pelvis, and low back, which continues up the spine creating more neck and shoulder tension too.
I kept looking at the Curble Chair and wondering if I’d like it (and use it!) and one day I finally put it in my cart and bought it. I thought it would be useful in the office for my seated posture, and I was curious to play with it in the studio with my Pilates clients (since many people struggle to sit with good pelvic placement, and as a result end up with back pain problems.)
The Curble Chair is an excellent investment for anyone looking to improve their posture and reduce back pain. Below are some of the positive features of this chair that make it worth considering:
- Ergonomic Design: The Curble Chair is specifically designed to promote good posture and provide excellent back support. Its unique shape encourages you to sit with your back straight, and its contouring provides support where you need it most.
- Portable: Unlike many other ergonomic chairs, the Curble Chair is lightweight and portable. You can easily take it with you to the office, home, or anywhere else you need to sit for long periods.
- Durable: The Curble Chair is made of molded plastic resin making it very durable. It can take a beating and hold it’s shape for years and years of use.
- Easy to Clean: The chair is made from high-quality materials that are easy to clean and maintain. You can simply wipe it down with a damp cloth, and it will look as good as new.
Using the Curble Chair can have a positive impact on your health in several ways:
- Improved Posture: Sitting in the Curble Chair promotes good posture by encouraging you to sit up straight and keep your spine in alignment. This can help reduce back pain and prevent future injury.
- Reduced Pressure on Your Back: The chair's contouring provides support where you need it most, reducing pressure on your lower back and hips.
- Increased Energy: When you sit in a comfortable, supportive chair, you'll feel more energized and alert. This can help you stay focused and productive throughout the day. When you are not using your “energy” to hold your body in a poor posture position, you have more reserve energy to use when you need it.
As a Pilates Teacher, I have found that the Curble Chair can be helpful in the Studio with some clients as an assistive device to be more aware of body alignment when doing Pilates.
By incorporating the use of the Curble Chair into Pilates Workouts, and having clients sit in it for some of their Pilates exercises it can help:
- Improve Body Awareness for Pelvic Placement: Clients become aware of where a more “neutral pelvis position is, and can feel the lift up the spine needed to identify the separation of the thighs sitting on the chair, the pelvis upright, and the spine and ribcage lifted.
- Enhance Better Core Support: With the pelvis upright, and the firm resin back support, clients can more easily identify that they are lifting their Abdominals up away from the seat for better support, rather than “pushing” into a lifted position by using their legs or “gripping” with their Quads.
- Increase Awareness for Weight Distribution and Sitting Evenly on Both Hips: Because the bottom of the Curble Chair seat is slightly curved, it has the ability to “rock” in a small range of movement both forward and back, and side-to-side. This can help clients learn to feel when they are sitting evenly on their “sitz bones,” which makes it easier to stack the whole body upright in a well-balanced position.
Curble Chair Options:
The Curble Chair comes in a few different sizes. I personally have the Curble Wider Chair and have used it with a variety of both tall and short adult clients and it’s worked great, but there is a “Grand” option if you feel you might need a model that is slightly larger. And if you’ve got kids or preschoolers that you’d like to encourage to develop better posture habits at a younger age, you can get smaller models to fit them too.
- Curble Grand (For Adults - the biggest model)
- Curble Wider (For Teenagers and Petite Adults)
- Curble Comfy (for Children)
- Curble for Kids (for Preschoolers)
Overall, the Curble Chair is an excellent investment for anyone looking to improve their posture and reduce back pain. Its ergonomic design, portability, and ease of use make it a versatile and practical choice for anyone who spends time seated at work, home, or anywhere that a comfortable well-supported chair might not be available.
My recommendation: If you are looking for something that is durable and well-designed to improve seated posture and enhance back support and help you take good care of your back and improve your overall health, getting a Curble Chair is definitely worth considering.
*Disclaimer: Links provided in this article are to purchase a Curble Chair on Amazon. We are an Amazon affiliate and earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through our links, at no extra cost to you.
Please note: I only recommend products that I personally use and feel have value for improving whole-body health and wellness. I hope you’ve enjoyed this review and thank you for helping to support Centerworks by purchasing through the links provided.