1. Define Your Wellness Goals
What do you want to accomplish to live a healthy lifestyle?
2. Answer these 4 Questions about Your Wellness Goals
- How will you know you’ve achieved your goals?
- What will your healthy lifestyle look like?
- How will you feel?
- What will you be able to do that you can’t do now?
3. Make a list of fitness, sport, and recreational activities that you enjoy
Put as many different activities on this list as you can think of.
4. What will your Fitness Workouts Look Like?
- How many days a week are you committing to exercise?
- How long will your workout sessions be?
- What is the optimal time of day for you to exercise?
5. Develop Your Healthy Lifestyle Professional Support System
Make a list of professionals that you can call on to assist or help guide/mentor you along your journey (Doctor, Physical Therapist, Pilates Teacher, Personal Trainer, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Health Coach, Chiropractor, Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist, Rossiter® Coach, and others…)
6. Create Your Healthy Lifestyle Personal Support Team
Determine which of your friends and family members can be in your inner-circle for support, and perhaps as a workout-buddy to help keep you motivated to move. Tell them what you’re doing and ask for their positive encouragement to help keep you on track.
7. Clean out the Fridge, Freezer, and the Pantry
Donate any food you know is good but you’re not going to eat with your new healthy lifestyle, to your local Food Bank or a Shelter.
8. Make a List of Stress-Relieving Activities that You Enjoy
These can be anything from knitting, reading a book, soaking in the tub, getting a massage, meditation, painting or drawing, singing, video games, to watching a movie… what’s on your list? Strive to do one daily or at least pick one from your list and do it a few times a week!
9. Get Plenty of Rest
Ideally, how many hours of sleep do you need at night to wake up refreshed and re-energized? Plan your bedtime so you can wake up each morning feeling good while also allowing your body the rest it needs needs to feel refreshed and re-energized.
10. Invest in your Healthy Lifestyle
Be sure you have what you need to get started without any more excuses. Healthy food in the kitchen, a good supportive pair of tennis shoes, comfortable workout wear, bike tuned-up ready to roll, other sports gear easily accessible, any fitness tools you need for at-home workouts, a health club membership… Make it easy to get started TODAY!YOU are worth the investment in time and energy it will take to design your healthy lifestyle! While it might seem a little overwhelming to get started, if you’ve given these ten tips serious consideration and are designing your healthy lifestyle with each of them in mind, you will find it’s easy to stay on track to reach your wellness goals. Why wait another minute? Get started now creating the healthy life of your dreams. ***** If you are ready to get started designing your healthy lifestyle plan and want to include Pilates and functional fitness training, contact me today to schedule an initial consultation. Let's work together to keep you strong, fit, flexible, and injury-free.