- Begin kneeling on all fours with a neutral spine position (pelvis not too arched, not too tucked)
- Engage the lower abdominal muscles 2 inches below the navel on the right side (pulling up in and back) to hike the right hip up towards the right side of your ribcage. You will be shortening the distance between the hip and ribs on the right side of the waist, and lengthening the distance between the hip and ribs on the left side of the waist. Allow your eye focus to look over your right shoulder towards the hip.
- Use low abs on the opposite side to return the hip, spine, and head to center. (Your kneeling “neutral” starting position.)
- Use the abdominals 2 inches below the navel on the left to hike the left hip up towards the left side of your ribcage. Allow your eye focus to look over the left shoulder towards the left hip.
- Strive to keep the hips and shoulders in the same horizontal plane throughout the exercise.
- Alternate sides for 5-10, or more, repetitions.
Low Back Pain: The Sexy Cat Exercise for Healthy Hips and a Happy Back
Have you ever experienced hip pain or low back pain? Most people at some point in their lives have dealt with one or both of these debilitating problems. Our sedentary lifestyle and poor movement habits have led to grippy overworked hip flexors, weak abs, and generally speaking imbalances with the strength and flexibility of the lumbo-pelvic complex (our hips, legs, pelvis, and low back.) There are many aspects for movement and stabilization of the lumbo-pelvic complex that can be addressed to keep your hips and spine healthy and help eliminate low back pain. Kathy Grant’s Sexy Cat exercise is one of my favorites for improving lateral movement of the low back and pelvis, deepening core support, and understanding how to work and release the right muscles to move the hips and back in a way that feels good and reinforces healthy movement habits for the swinging and un-leveling movement that should be happening naturally at the hips for a healthy stride when we walk and run. If you’re hips and low back don’t naturally do at least a little of this “Sexy Cat” action when you walk, the lack of mobility in your low back, hips, and pelvis, may be a contributing factor to your low back pain! Getting started with the Sexy Cat exercise the range of motion your hips move in may be small, and that’s ok, with time and practice you’ll find it easier to get things moving for a great “Sexy Cat” hip swing. Basic Instructions – How To Do The Sexy Cat Exercise (This exercise is a basic hip hike exercise kneeling)
The user base of this dating service is diverse and vibrant. It’s exciting to connect with people from different walks of life and learn about their experiences." https://uk.oklute.com/escorts/bedford/